WORKTypes By Jean Kummerow, Nancy Barger and Linda Kirby, Warner Business Books: ISBN 0446672173 In ‘WORKTypes’, three Myers-Briggs experts look at common work situations and activities, such as meetings, leadership, time management, team-working, handling change, stress and conflict…and suggest practical strategies to solve the day-to-day problems that arise in any workplace. A common enough approach in popular.
90% of your customers love you to bits, but the rest don’t. So, you focus on the remaining 10% to find out where the problem lies and eradicate it. Right? Couldn’t be more wrong, according to Paul Z Jackson and Mark McKergow, authors of The Solutions Focus (Nicholas Brealey Publishing, £16.99 – currently £11.89 on.
S.U.M.O.: Shut Up, Move On: The Straight-Talking Guide to Creating and Enjoying a Brilliant Life by By Paul McGee, Capstone Publishing: ISBN 1841126632 There I was knife in mouth attempting to survive the bustling, frenetic, cut-throat world otherwise known as WH Smith Victoria Station in rush-hour, when I caught sight of the words “Shut Up.
Rapid Result Referrals – Powerful Tips and Ideas to Boost your Sales by Roy Sheppard Anyone who has attended a Roy Sheppard seminar will know he has confidence in spades, so if your energy is flagging, this book could be just the inspiration you need. Its premise is that it’s time to jettison the very.
NLP at Work – Third Edition – The Essence of Excellence By Sue Knight, Nicholas Brealey Publishing ISBN: 978-1857885293 When I opened my copy of Sue Knight’s new book for the first time I was curious to see how Sue could have improved on previous versions. What else could I learn and how would I.
Network Your Way To Success By John Timperley, Piatkus Books: ISBN 0749922834 Network Your Way to Success is a compendium of helpful tips and techniques that aims to help you to become a polished ‘connector’. While none of the advice is particularly startling or original, the book forms a useful introduction to (or refresher on).
From those wonderful folks who brought you ‘Getting to YES’… ‘Difficult Conversations’ is another publication coming out of the Harvard Negotiation Project, the inter-university community dedicated to developing the theory and practice of negotiation and dispute resolution. It’s kicked off by Roger Fisher, author of the ultimate ‘how to’ book on negotiation – ‘Getting to.
Collaborative Advantage By Elizabeth Lank, Palgrave Macmillan: ISBN 1403993459 Collaborative working Your plumber does it with aplomb. Your builder has built his business doing it. If you’ve ever admired the tradesman’s ability to tap into a network of skills and expertise to form mutually profitable teams, here’s a guide to both the strategic and practical aspects.