Will sales leadership coaching help me and what is the business case for it? Who is it for and how does it help?
Introducing sales leadership coaching…
Following on from our previous blog about Developing Sales Leadership, I am exploring here what sales leadership coaching is and how it can help you.
Who is sales leadership coaching for?
Historically, when you are appointed to a sales leadership position, such as sales director or sales manager, you have been expected just to get on with it. You were expected to intuitively know how to be a sales leader even though it is very different to being a salesperson.
- Are you a sales leader looking to take your skill set to the next level?
- Are you an experienced sales leaders but have never received training or coaching and believe that you have more potential?
- Are you a new sales leader who wants to hit the ground running?
Coaching is not necessarily provided for people who are under-performing and is a sign of strength rather than weakness.
In other words, you don’t have to be sick to get better – top performing sports people have coaches to get even better and stay on top of their game.
Also, leadership can be a lonely business and to can be an enormous help to have someone to talk to and share your challenges, problems and frustrations.
What does sales leadership coaching focus on?
In the same way that every person is unique, so will be the needs of every sales leader and, consequently, the shape of a sales leader’s coaching programme. Themes are likely to include some of these:
- Thinking strategically and developing sales strategy
- Operating as a member of the leadership team – contributing, managing the dynamics
- Leadership skills and behaviours
- Managing the transition from one of the team to managing the team
- Running effective sales meetings
- Adapting your approach to the personality and needs of different team members
- Coaching and mentoring
- Giving feedback
- Managing difficult people
- Developing and managing a diverse workforce
- Handling under-performance
- Developing a work/life balance or juggling several commitments
What outcomes can I expect from sales leadership coaching?
At an organisational level you can expect to:
- Boost sales, productivity, efficiency, cross-selling and up-selling success
- Improve sales results
- Turnaround under-performers
- Develop your salespeople to deliver even better results, motivate and retain them
Similarly, at an individual level you will be able to:
- Focus on productive and effective activities reducing workload and time-wasting
- Hit sales targets and other KPIs
- Feel in control as a sales leader and confident that what you are doing makes a difference
- Perform more effectively at whatever themes you bring to coaching
- Achieve results whilst maintaining your wellbeing and resilience
If you would like to know more, contact me to schedule an exploratory chat or an introductory complimentary sales leadership coaching session.